As you can see from August’s usage report, our 3D printers have become the most popular area in The Maker Spot. We have already had so many creative, useful and fun things printed by our users that we wanted to inspire even more creativity.
So, we would like to announce our first ever 3D printed object contest! We want to encourage designers to create something new that they can 3D print. You can read all of the contest rules here and download your entry form, but here are a few important things to note:
- Entries must be submitted in The Maker Spot from October 1, 2015 through October 29, 2015 at 9:00 p.m. during The Maker Spot’s open hours.
- Entries must be original 3D designs created and printed in PLA or ABS plastic by the entrant. No Thingiverse downloads, kids.
- Entries will be entered in one of two categories: Functional or Artistic. Category selection is made by the entrant.
- Entrants can submit one (1) entry per category for a maximum of two (2) entries.
- Entrants will compete in groups based on age. Group One: 9-14 years old and Group Two: 15+
- We want you to expand what a 3D printed part can do, so feel free to add LEDs, electronics, paint or other embellishments to your entry.
- Submissions will be displayed in the lobby display cases of the NRH Library from November 1, 2015 through November 30, 2015 for the community to vote. Voting will be open during the NRH Library’s regular business hours and will be completed by anonymous ballot.
- Prize winners will be notified from December 1-9, 2015 by telephone and email.
We can’t wait to see what you will create! If you have any questions about the contest or its rules, please contact us.