Official Contest Rules
- Entries must be submitted in The Maker Spot from October 1, 2015 through October 29, 2015 at 9:00 p.m. during The Maker Spot’s open hours.
- Submissions will be displayed in the lobby display cases of the NRH Library from November 1, 2015 through November 30, 2015 for the community to vote. Voting will be open during the NRH Library’s regular business hours and will be completed by anonymous ballot.
- Submissions must be picked up by December 10, 2015 at 9:00 p.m. Submissions not picked up at this time will be disposed of by The Maker Spot staff.
- Entries must be original 3D designs created and printed in PLA or ABS plastic by the entrant.
- Entries will be entered in one of two categories: Functional or Artistic. Category selection is made by the entrant.
- Once entries are submitted no revisions or substitutions may be made.
- Entries must fit in a 9” x 9” x 9” box.
- Entrants must have an NRH Library card in good standing. Good standing refers to an up-to-date patron account with less than $25 in fines.
- Entrants will compete in groups based on age. Group One: 9-14 years old and Group Two: 15+
- Entrants can submit one (1) entry per category for a maximum of two (2) entries.
- Entries may have external components added and may be painted and/or otherwise embellished.
- Entries must respect the intellectual property of others and U.S. copyright laws.
- Entries must not be anything unlawful, dangerous, obscene, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable in the opinion of staff.
- The Maker Spot staff are not responsible for any damage to entries that may occur during to storage, transportation or display of entries.
- Entrants are discouraged from voting for their own entries. If it is discovered that an entrant has excessively voted for themselves, solicited excessive votes from other community members or otherwise influenced the contest’s outcome, the entrant may be disqualified.
Prize & Voting Information:
- During voting, entries will be identified by numbers and will not include any entrant information other than the entry description.
- Entries that receive the highest number of community votes will be considered first prize winners and those that receive the second highest number of community votes will be considered the second prize winners.
- First Prize: $50 credit in The Maker Spot and a custom 3D printed trophy, designed by The Maker Spot staff. Credit will be added to winner’s library account and can be used for any consumables payments in The Maker Spot. A first prize will be given to four (4) entries; one in each category per group.
- Second Prize: $25 credit in The Maker Spot. Credit will be added to winner’s library account and can be used for any consumables payments. A second prize will be given to four (4) entries; one in each category per group.
- Prize winners will be notified from December 1-9, 2015 by telephone and email. Prize winners must respond to the prize notification by December 16, 2015 (five business days) or a new winner will be selected.