- This event has passed.
Build 3D Models with OpenSCAD
March 8 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Learn how to create models for the 3D printer using OpenSCAD, a free programming environment which translates code to a visual model. Most 3D modeling programs utilize a highly visual, drag-and-drop method of assembling 3D models. OpenSCAD is an excellent tool for those who think in a more programmatic manner or who simply want a great deal of precision in assembling their models.
- Basic modeling using the OpenSCAD language.
- Modular programming technique to re-use part or all of your models in other projects.
- How to add text to your 3D prints.
- Techniques to automate repetitive tasks or create branching versions of your models.
- How to export your models for 3D printing.
Note that this class is NOT an overview of 3D printing. Participants should also take “3D Printing Basics” to print their models. The classes can be taken in any order.
Participants can bring their own laptops, use the MakerSpot laptops, or simply audit the class and watch the demonstration on the projector. Those who bring their own laptop should download and install OpenSCAD before arriving at class.
Please register for this class below:
- The Maker Spot